COVID-19 Restrictions Lifted
Updated June 17, 2021
Governor Cuomo has lifted all COVID restrictions for almost all industries, including for churches and large social gatherings. We rejoice in all that God has done to bring us to this point where COVID is having less and less impact on our everyday lives.
All along, we have been following guidance from the state regarding safety protocols and now is no different. Effective immediately, we are lifting restrictions that were put in place and returning to many of our old practices. Here are just some of the changes you will notice in worship:
- Masks will not be required for anyone.
- That said, we encourage you to bring a mask anyway. Some friends are still using masks for many reasons. Let’s be mindful of those who are and use masks out of Christian love for our brothers and sisters when having conversations with them. Ask them about their comfort level before removing your mask.
- We will return to the altar rail for celebrating the Lord’s Supper when in person. Bread will remain in individual cups for now, but we plan to return to our previous methods for distribution in the near future. The common cup/chalice will return for those who wish to use it—We will continue to have individual cups of wine and grape juice as well.
- If you are not comfortable coming to the front for the Lord’s Supper, we will come to you. Pastor Chuck and Pastor Jason will come out into the congregation to serve those who prefer to receive it at their seat. Catch their attention and they’ll bring it to you.
- Children will be invited to the rail for the Children’s Message if comfortable.
- Ropes blocking every other pew will come down in most of the church. We will be blocking the front two rows in front of the band for Contemporary service to provide better angles for streaming. Everything else will be open seating.
We hope to see you in-person for worship soon! If you can’t make it, we’ll continue to stream our Sunday services. Or if you prefer, there are always our outdoor “Park and Praise” worship services each Wednesday. Come at 6 p.m. for food and fellowship or 6:30 for worship. Check our website for details each week.