“Monumental-Celebrating God’s Greatness”
July 11-15, 2022
Volunteer Registration is open.
Registration opens May 15, 2022, 8 a.m. for participants, PreK-Grade 5 using the same button below.
You should an email immediately if you have registered successfully.
Operation Kid to Kid Service Project
School supplies and clothing for the Tuscarora Indian School in the Niagara Wheatfield School District are going to be collected. Native Americans are part of our Monumental theme in the Southwest US but we have native American neighbors we can help out here. Click here to see a list of what can be donated.
Ages and Classes
Elementary aged children (currently finishing K through grade 5) will attend in person (no online option). We will be setting a maximum number of children we can safely accomodate for the in person program.
We hope to offer a small classroom for children the age of 2 1/2 – 3 ½. This is what we have called “the nursery” in the past. They must be 3 by Dec 1. We will not be having a public classroom for children younger than this except for the children of volunteers.
Preschoolers (those turning 4 by Dec. 1 up to age 5 or 6, who have not been to kindergarten) may register. The preschool program is in person only, with a limited amount of children.
Volunteering at Monumental VBS
Many volunteers will be needed! Volunteers must be finishing 6th grade in this current school year up to 99 years old. You can see the volunteer opportunities on the registration page (button above). We will have some new positions such as the Dismissal Team and Decorators and Sunday Last Minute Set up. We always need crew leaders (adults and teens).
Start learning the theme song!
Safety Practices During the Covid Pandemic & Other Policies
- As of February, mask and social distancing restrictions have been lifted. Stay tuned. The CDC does recommend that unvaccinated people wear a mask, but we will be leaving that up to each family or person’s discretion. Please do what you feel is right for yourself and your family. This guideline applies to our adult volunteers, teenage crew leaders and participants. Please respect everyone’s choice in wearing or not wearing a mask.
- The air conditioning throughout our building pulls in fresh air; it doesn’t recirculate the air in the room
- Your elementary child will be in a small group/crew (5 maximum) with a crew leader. This crew will be together all day, discussing, playing, praying, etc. Your preschool child will be in a small group/crew (3 maximum) with a crew leader. Crews will sit at table during snack and crafts. During the other learning stations, the crew will sit together on the floor.
- We will try to have “one way traffic” as the children move from station to station so there is less cross traffic and contact with other groups.
- Hand santizer will be available throughout the campus.
- No walk in registrations will be taken-everyone must pre-register.
- No changes will be made to crew groupings after Day 1. Parents can designate siblings or friends on the registration form that they would be like their child to be placed with.