The purpose of the First Trinity Higher Education Fund is to encourage and financially assist current and former church members who have decided to dedicate their lives to the work of the Lord through the Lutheran church. Qualified examples include but are not limited to:
- Lutheran Teacher
- Director of Christian Education
- Director of Christian Outreach
- Youth Minister
- Music Minister
- Parish Nurse
Money is generally distributed based on the following priority:
- First preference will be given to current students and members who enroll in LCMS (Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod) seminaries and college.
- Second, to those attending other Lutheran seminaries and colleges.
- Third, to those attending seminaries or colleges leading to work in the Lutheran church
- Fourth, for those seeking continuing education or certification in support of church ministry.
To be eligible, candidates must complete the First Trinity Higher Education Grant Application prior to the semester that funds are requested. March 1 for Summer or Fall semester and September 1 for Spring semester.
Scholarship Amounts and Application
The amount of the scholarship awarded to individual students varies according to the fund balance, number of students applying, and cost of tuition. For full details, download and read the FT Scholarship Information Document. It contains the Scholarship Application. If you have any questions, please call the church at 716-835-2220, or email the office at [email protected].